Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Slip Covers!


Now let me start by saying this little rocking chair is so precious to me. This was my dad's when he was a small boy and I am thrilled to have had it given to me when I had my oldest who is now 17. It is in great need of restoration. The more we use it the more in need of repair it gets.



Since restoring this guy is not in the budget right now, and since I hate to have just sitting and collecting dust, I thought I'd give slip covering it a whirl!



Now for the last couple of months I have been reading about the wonders of painter's cloth drop cloths. I did try them for curtains and for pillow shams on my bed and thought that this material would be PERFECT for this little project. So off I (and of course I drug my mother!) went to Lowe's.



I started at the top and just kind of taped a piece on and started stitching it together as I went! Now it is NOT perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't have straight pins and I am wayyyy too lazy to take it off and put it back on each time I wanted to take it to the machine, but overall I am really quite pleased with how it turned out in the end!

No comments: