Thursday, February 26, 2009

Confessions.....

Okay so the first reason I have been missing lately is, like everyone else, sickness! Oh the amount of tissues and whining that have been around here is pitiful. Okay, that was probably mostly totally me. But still. The kids had it, but I think I have had it the longest. So there is excuse one.

Now the other part is a confession. *sigh* I realize that I am 38 years old. But, well, I had a problem. An addiction if you will. And like most addictions, I was "turned on" to it by a friend. Who shall remain nameless (ahem AMY). She introduced me to the Twilight series.




Yes, I KNOW this is a teenage romance novel. I KNOW it's about vampires and all that good non-Christian stuff. But I got sucked in *sigh* Are you all embarrassed to know me? Hee hee. I can't help it. Also I apparently am not alone in my middle-aged love for a fictional teen vampire boy. I missed the boat when the movie was out as I had no interest at the time, but Amy and I are planning a screening party the night that it comes out. Well us and her teenaged daughter and her teenage friends. My husband and sons are so proud let me tell you. On that note, I will leave you with a picture of the oh-so-dreamy Edward Cullen....





Oh yea, PS, I did finish all the books, so I have rejoined the living and have cleaned my house, went through closets, got rid of clothes and toys and even listed somethings on Etsy and Ebay! Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Susan said...

My daughter wants to read that series. Let us know how the movie is when you see it. Have a great evening!

At Home With Amy said...

I too am adicted to these books. I bought them for my daughter for Christmas and she was supposed to read a book and then I would. Well needless to say, she finished book one and I am almost done with book three. It is so hard to put the book down. The reading is so easy and very interesting. I haven't seen the movie either and I'm not sure I want to. I can't imagine it having as much detail as the books do. Like you these books were nothing that I thought I would ever find myeself reading but so far I am alright with them.
Blessings,
AMY

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow~~ I know RIGHT!!! I am on the 3rd book, did you see the movie??? That is really GOOD too!! No cuss words or any kind of areas that would be offensive! LOVED IT!@!!!!@ One that I will have to buy when it comes out!! LOL!

I'll keep checking back and see what you think of the books!!

Stop by my front porch....love to have you!!

Many Blessings To You......
Lori

Unknown said...

Hi, LOVE THE POST!!
I'm 38 too and right there with ya on the obsession for Twilight. I can admit I have always had a "Vampire-Thing" ;) Ever since my Grandpa took me to see "Love At First Bite" when I was a little girl!! LOL!! Then along came Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Oh Yeah Baby!! Loved it!! First with her relationship with Angel and Then my personal favorite SPIKE! And then of course the spinoff series, Angel. Yes, watched that too. Infact I own all of the seasons and have watched them more times than I can count. I even watched the short-lived but loved Moonlight Series. So when my youngest daughter bought and read the Twilight series, I thought they sounded fabulous. But I can admit, that if it isnt a decorating magazine or book, Im not much of a reader. By time I first started reading the series, all of the books were out. And thank God for that because I became obsessed. I did nothing for for over week but read one book after the other. Falling completely in love with this story and the characters. And when the movie came out... There I was with my daughter at the midnight showing in our "Edward" t-shirts!! So I completely understand!! Okay, now that I have embarrased myself for admitting my weakness for Vampire Stories I will say bye for now~ But just wanted to let you know... I loved your post!! :) Tammy